Using a software that is based in the cloud has a whole array of benefits no matter how large or small your business is. A study by the Cloud Security Alliance found that ’33% of organizations have a “full-steam ahead” attitude toward cloud services and 86% of companies spend at least part of their IT budget on cloud services.” The overall accessibility and convenience that such a system provides for you makes the cost worth it, and it actually will help you to bring in more money in the end. If you are looking for dance studio solutions that are sure to be effective, check out these benefits you will gain from using a cloud-based software.
You can Access your Data from Anywhere
Any individual who has been permitted access to your software, or certain areas of it, will be able to access the information and edit things anywhere with an internet connection. This means your other teachers can adjust the schedule whenever they need to and you can access payment history, membership information, expenses for the month, etc. Any changes that are saved are immediately synced across the platform and will be accessible the next time you login.
Easy updates as Software Enhances
Because you are using a software that is accessed through the internet and not downloaded directly onto one device, you are able to easily update the program each time that the system goes through any enhancements. You will be notified of the upgrades available and how the new features will help to increase functionality and make your whole system more productive. These types of enhancements are usually released quite frequently, so you will continually be able to find a better flow in your business by using the software.
Accomplish More with Less Hassle
With cloud-based software all of your communication, accounts, and documentation are kept in one place. This means everything is organized and you will not need to hire anyone else to carry out such transactions. Even more, the software is designed specifically to provide you with the dance studio solutions that are most commonly needed by every individual in your type of position.
Put your Focus where it is Most Needed
Dance studio owners are often stretched thin between a multitude of different responsibilities. If you are spending too much of your time doing paperwork you will not be able to concentrate on the goals you have for your business and the needs of your students. The design of a cloud-based software will free up a lot of your time so you can redirect your focus where you need it to be. An Information Week survey found that “the ability to quickly meet business demands was one of the most important reasons a business should move to a cloud environment.” The tools that a cloud-based dance studio software provides will make it so you are finally able to accomplish all of the tasks necessary to run your business and still live like a normal person.
Maintain Quality Control
One of the things that will determine the public’s perception of your business’s quality is your ability to stay organized and on top of communication. You also need to know how to maintain your online presence as the majority of the population are using the internet for everything these days. The last thing you want is for your business to be viewed as low-quality, and with a cloud-based format, you will have solutions necessary to keep you on top of your game. Anyone else on your team will have access to the same information and technology so you can maintain consistency, avoid human error, and have the option to make revisions or updates at any time or place.
You will not always be able to be in control of every little thing that happens with your business, not matter how much you wish you could. Though you may cannot anticipate certain events which could potentially harm your business, cloud-based software gives you the option to make a speedy recovery. For example, one of your teachers may need to cancel or reschedule their class last minute. With the special communication services provided to you, you will be able to send out a mass notification to each person tied to that class.
If you are not storing all of your valuable data in the cloud, you are increasing the risk of losing it if the computer or folder it resides in gets somehow lost or damaged. Simply saving your important information directly to your computer puts it at the risk of viral infections, age-related software deterioration, the computer being misplaced or stolen, or even just plain use error. In simple terms, you would be at risk of losing all of the information you ever saved that is necessary for running your business. A cloud-based server uploads everything to the cloud and remains intact and easily accessible from any computer with a connection.
Experience a Competitive Advantage
Cloud computing has become the most functional way to do business, yet some companies have chosen to stick to their comfort zone. Everyone has a right to run their business however they choose, but choosing to fall behind on the technological side will put you at a disadvantage against competition. If you implement a cloud-based software before your competitors do, you will be making the choice to keep up with the times and leave them to catch up with you.
It’s Good for the Environment
Doing all of your reports and documentation on your computer and the cloud will minimize the amount of paper you have to use greatly on a daily basis. Our planet is no longer benefiting from simply recycling all your papers and plastics, it is now the issue of wastefulness that needs to be addressed. Cloud infrastructures help to cut down on paper waste and improve energy efficiency.
What else Dance Studio Software Provides
All of the examples listed above gives you a basic idea of the ways that using software through the cloud will benefit your business, but you still have not seen the full scope of the way that dance studio software can optimize your business.
Using software like The Studio Director will help you to reorganize by offering:
- Attendance monitoring, drop-ins, and make-ups
- Report cards
- Management of costume rentals
- Inventory control
- Unlimited space for family and students accounts
- Unlimited space for scheduling classes
- Integration with Quickbooks
- Compatibility with PC, Mac, and smartphones
- Mobile app
- Text messaging, mass or polarized
- The option to spend time with students while the software does the work
- Automated tuition and registration fee posting designed by you
- Online registration where customers can register, view classes, sign up for individual classes, edit their account information, view any balances that are overdue, and pay for them directly through the site
The software will be tailored toward your existing website or help you to create a new and more efficient platform. If you choose to keep your website, all you will have to do is add a link for your new online registration page and real-time schedule. Any other information on the business end will be available privately to you and your staff through a different, secure website.
If you have certain systems that are already working for you and you want to keep them in place, that is understandable. The goal is to integrate what you have going on already with a software that will help everything to flow with even more ease. There is no denying that gaining all of these tools will create more efficiency in your work environment.
On top of that:
- It will give your marketing efforts an extra boost. As mentioned earlier, your internet presence is paramount in this day and age. If you do not already have one forming, The Studio Director’s customer service team can help you take the reigns. When it comes to marketing, your social media accounts are going to be what make the dent you need to get your studio known. Marketing through the internet is inexpensive for the amount that you can accomplish, you simply have to understand how to use it to your advantage.
- The entire way you operate things will be instantly optimized. People worry that they are going to have trouble adapting to software, but the truth is it is very simple. Not only is it easy to use, it will make your life and job easier as well. With this sense of ease you will have the freedom to put real passion toward your work and watch it blossom into something to truly be proud of.
See if Dance Studio Software is Right for You
There are a lot of cloud-based software options out there. Of course, you want to choose the one that will best fit your company. In order to do that however, you have to know what you are looking for.
The ideal dance studio software should:
- not be confusing or difficult to use and require little training to do so
- give the option to track attendance
- be real-time class enrollment
- be accessible online from your client’s mobile devices or laptops without requiring any downloads
- include the option to update the moment an upgrade is available
- include automatic backups of your data nightly
- provide the ease of accessing any information regarding students or accounts through a simple search function
- have the option to get a free archive CD of your studio’s data
- include customer support that is responsive and dedicated to helping you through any difficulties you may have with the software
- easily integrate with your existing website and be easily customizable based on your overall marketing tone and branding message
As you explore the market of dance studio software, keep the points made above in mind, but also make a list of the things that you want and need in order to become more efficient and excel. At the end of the day, this is about you and your company and you want to keep your voice at the head of the design at all times. If you are feeling hesitant about committing to a software, there is always the option to request a demo, take the software for a spin, and see if it is right for you.
As you explore the demo, do not hesitate to reach out to the customer service team with any questions or concerns you might have. What can it hurt? Try it out and you will see just how much a cloud-based software can help you.