Dance studio owners can save a lot of time and money by using dance studio software in their daily business operations. When you sign up for The Studio Director, you’ll quickly find that it’s not only beneficial to you as the dance studio owner, but also to your team members, and your students. Today, we’re breaking down many of the ways The Studio Director can help you save time and money, and we’re betting by the time you’re done reading this article, you’ll wonder why you haven’t yet implemented in your dance studio.
Dance Studio Ownership Isn’t For the Faint of Heart
Let’s explore for just a moment all the tasks that have to be completed to run a successful dance studio. Just off the top of our heads we came up with the following:
- Creating a dance studio schedule: You need to decide what classes will be offered, and when. Then, you’ll need to assign instructors to teach those classes.
- Reaching out to the people in your database to let them know the classes are available for registration
- Enrolling the scheduled classes with students
- Billing the students for those classes
- Putting together a waitlist in the event the classes get full
- Following up on the billing for students who didn’t pay, or had a default in their payment method
- Keeping in touch with students from the enrollment process, to the progress of their class, and then after the classes end
- Paying your instructors, and managing payroll for any other support staff
- Ordering and managing inventory for supplies you will need in your dance studio up to and including dance gear if you sell it, pens, toilet paper, paper towels, paper clips, envelopes, and all the other bells and whistles you have to keep on hand
- Following up again on default payments should they occur more than once (it happens)
- Scheduling recitals and events, and then recruiting students to sign up for them
- Marketing to your database, and to the extended community as well, in attempt to get the word out about your dance studio
Reading this list we’re already exhausted, and we’ve barely scratched the surface of tasks that need to be managed. We know that you and your staff have to wear many hats for your business to run smoothly, and each one of these tasks mentioned above is going to take countless hours to complete. That is, unless you have The Studio Director on your side. Our dance studio software can slash hours from the amount of time you will need to handle everything on this list, and more.
The Studio Director - A Dance Studio Solution That Gives Your Time Back to You
There is a saying that you can always make more money, but you can never make more time. It is this truth that has driven many a business owner to find solutions for automation, so that they can get back more of their time. The Studio Director is the best dance studio solution for automating your business.
Automatic Billing Doesn’t Just Save You Time - It Gives You Peace of Mind
One major advantage of dance studio software is that it features automatic billing. In fact, it is like having a virtual accountant on staff. Only this one works 24/7 without needing coffee breaks, overtime pay, or health insurance.
Forget the arduous time-consuming tasks of sending out invoices one by one. With The Studio Director it happens instantaneously, as soon as students are enrolled in your classes. The best part is our software can bill them in increments or all at once, and we have a feature that allows you to add discounts and promotions where necessary.
You’ll also save the time and hassle of chasing down payments. The Studio Director handles this quickly and efficiently as well.
Let’s say a client attempts to pay for a class, and their credit card is declined. Without dance studio software you’d then have to waste time hunting them down, having an awkward conversation, and then waiting for them to come up with the payment. Then, if they forget, you would have to go back and talk to them again. During all this time, you’re not getting paid, and you’re spending precious minutes trying to squeeze juice from a dry fruit.
The Studio Director can save you all of that time and hassle by instantly letting the client know there is a problem with their payment. No more awkward conversations. No excuses about forgetting to bring their updated payment information.
They will privately be notified they need an update as soon as the payment defaults. Then, they can update it, pay the bill and go about their business letting you get back to running yours.
Automatic Billing Saves You Money Too
You likely can see how automatic billing could save you time, but how can it save you money? Well, if you have your billing handled instantly without a human needing to be a part of the transaction, that’s less billable hours you have to pay someone for to do that task.
Dance studio software helps dance studio owners to have a smaller number of employees, because of the time-consuming tasks it performs for you.
In fact, you might not need an office manager at all because The Studio Director doesn’t just bill automatically, it helps you handle payroll automatically as well. Your employees simply enter their time, you check the records, and cut a check without losing a day or longer managing payroll.
The Studio Director Offers Automatic Class Scheduling
With our dance studio software, enrolling students in your classes has never been easier, or faster. Sure, you will still have to spend the time building your schedule into our platform, but once you’ve loaded the dates and times, pretty much everything else is handled on your behalf.
Your students can simply log into the software from home, sign up for classes, and pay for them all without you having to lift another finger. Imagine loading the classes and leaving for the day, and coming back the next day to find your classes are fully booked and paid for.
Though it may not happen quite that fast, the reality is you won’t have to spend any more time on the enrollment of the classes. Your students can complete that task for you so can move onto other tasks.
See Your Financial Picture in Real Time
Because of the fact you will be able to fill your classes, and bill them automatically, you’ll have a clearer financial picture of your dance studio in real time. This can save you money as well.
Let’s say you need to purchase new equipment or more inventory for your dance studio. Having the numbers in real time will help you in your buying decision. You’ll instantly know how much money your studio has, and be better equipped to determine if you need to pay out of your business account, or if you need a loan or credit card.
Avoiding a loan or credit card because you know you have the funds to cover your expenses can save you from having to pay interest charges. By knowing your numbers you can also avoid things like insufficient funds, and overdraft charges. You’ll be protecting your business’s reputation too, which could ultimately save you money as well.
A Paperless Business Saves Time and Money As Well
Have you noticed that the tasks that are being managed by The Studio Director have all been paperless so far? This will save your dance studio time and money too. You may be asking yourself, “How will being paperless do that?” We’re so glad you asked!
First off, when you don’t have to print heaps of invoices, and schedules and other miscellaneous pages you don’t have to spend as much on things like paper and ink/toner. Your copiers and printers won’t need to be serviced nearly as often as a result (if you even need these bulky pieces of equipment anymore).
Because you won’t have a bunch of paper, you also won’t need to waste as much time on organizing and filing it either. By staying paperless, all of your files are already digitally indexed and searchable in The Studio Director. Never again will you wonder where an invoice or document related to your classes and students went, because they are all filed virtually in the platform.
Even liability forms and waivers can be paperless. In the event anything goes wrong, you’ll know exactly where this paperwork is for quick reference. Just having easy access to this information can save you money.
For example, without dance studio software, it could be easier to lose track of a liability form. If a student gets injured in class and you can’t produce a copy of their waiver, you could be subjected to fines and lawsuits by a money hungry lawyer. While this scenario may never come to fruition, it’s better to be safe than sorry as something like that could cost your studio everything.
Your Files Are In The Cloud
The Studio Director is a cloud-based software. What does this mean? You don’t have to be at the office to retrieve information about your studio.
If you were to need a document for your business, you won’t have to spend the time to get in your car, sit in traffic, and then go into the office to retrieve it. Instead, you just need to connect to the platform anywhere with internet access, and with a couple of clicks you will have whatever you needed. Easy peasy.
At first blush this might not seem like a huge time saver. But, the moment you forget a file that you need for any reason, you’ll be grateful all of your business materials are instantly accessible.
Another benefit of using our cloud-based system? You don’t have to spend additional funds on data storage for your files because it’s already included in your monthly fee.
You’ll save time on backups as well, because we do the data backups for you. If your computer or hard drive crashes, you’ll still have instant access to all your files. This benefit alone helps many a studio owner rest easy knowing all of their data is protected with our secure, encrypted servers.
The Studio Director Helps You Save Time With Communication
You know you need to keep in touch with your students. What you don’t enjoy is how much time it takes to communicate with them on a regular basis. Wouldn’t it be nice if something could streamline that process for you too? The Studio Director saves you precious time here as well.
Just a few of the tasks it can help you complete faster include:
- Onboarding new clients
- You can create a templated drip campaign for efficient communications that give your new clients all the information they need to get started in your classes.
- And, since it’s a templated campaign, you only have to spend the time completing it once. Then, you can use the template over and over again saving minutes if not hours in correspondence.
- Recruiting potential students to visit your studio
- Make it faster than ever to send emails to leads inviting them to stop by your dance studio for a tour. Again, you can create a templated email that you can use many times, instead of re-inventing the wheel each time you want to send a new invitation
- Sending progress reports
- Students want feedback, but doing these reports by hand takes far more time than you likely have to devote to this task. Imagine instead being able to click a few buttons, and instantly have a professional report to send off to each individual.
- Invoicing (as mentioned above)
- Just checking in
- Wouldn’t it be nice if checking in with students to ask them if they have any questions was a quick task to complete? It is with The Studio Director. Create another template that you can send out whenever the mood strikes simply to show your students you care.
- You can even create automatic emails that will go out to your students for their birthdays and class anniversaries for an added personal touch.
Without spending time and energy you don’t have, our dance studio software provides a better student experience. The happier your students are, the more likely they are to keep coming back, and inviting their friends to join your studio as well. Also check out our post on how to build advocacy and customer loyalty for your dance studio.
The Studio Director - The Ultimate Money and Time Saver
Believe it or not, we haven’t even covered everything The Studio Director can do for you in this article. Still, we hope by now we’ve given you a glimpse into just how much money and time our dance studio software stands to save you.
Many dance studio owners will tell you that it pays for itself in the automatic billing and class enrollment alone. But, don’t take our word for it. Try The Studio Director for yourself. Click here to sign up for a FREE Demo, today!