Dance Studio Manager Job Description
One of your most important jobs as a dance studio manager will be scheduling. Not only will you be setting up classes and then adding dancers to them until you are full to capacity, you'll be in charge of scheduling instructors for the various classes. This requires careful monitoring of the studio calendar and being able to keep track of who will be in which rooms at which times.
Other duties of a dance studio manager include:
- Processing new registration requests and getting future customers linked up with the instructors for the classes they want to take.
- Careful tracking of the financial details including taking payments and keeping track of what's coming in and what's going out.
- Keeping records of your customers and staff so that you can get in touch with them when needed.
- Marketing and advertising to help bring in new dancers to the studio.
- Being ready to resolve conflicts.
- Engaging your customer service skills on the phone and in person.
Are You Right for the Job?
If you have a passion for dance, you are likely one of the top candidates for being a dance studio manager. Whether you are a former dancer or you just love dancing, you should consider pursuing a job as a studio manager. You will get to make a living in a world that you love, and you'll get to spend your days with people who also love dancing.
Dance studios are always looking for a reliable and proficient manager. Your position will offer you the personal growth and freedom you want while also giving you an enjoyable way to earn your paycheck.
What are the Requirements?
There are some requirements for being hired as the manager at a dance studio. You'll have to have organization skills and some experience setting schedules and doing the books. While you don't have to be a dancer, it certainly helps to have the knowledge of the field so that you can adequately advise and assist the studio's customers. Most studio owners will want someone who has been in charge of an office and staff so that they can trust that you know what you're doing.
Being a manager at a dance studio can be a fulfilling and enjoyable career choice. When you choose it, you can be sure you'll love your job and there is really nothing better than that. So look for an opening in a studio near you today. You'll be glad you did!