It seems like every time you turn around, there is another story on the news about a data breach. You may be asking yourself how secure your information is with The Studio Director.
We here at The Studio Director take security of your information very seriously and are committed to ensuring the security of not only your personal information but the information of your customers.
What do we do?
- Whenever you log in, a small lock icon appears indicating that a secure (SSL) connection has been established.
- All URL addresses start with “https” to indicate that a secure connection is being maintained.
- Your information is stored and carefully protected on our servers. We work very hard to ensure that no unauthorized access to your data is allowed and have partnered with a recognized leader in the global managed hosting market to manage and secure the web servers.
- Credit card and bank numbers are not stored within The Studio Director. We have partnered with large, respected merchant gateways that specialize in keeping your credit card and bank account data secure.
- We continually monitor our servers for attacks, fraud, and break-in attempts.
But there are things you can do to protect yourself as well.
- You can use up-to-date virus protection software, have a firewall for your computers, and make sure you have all the latest security patches from Microsoft.
- Never open e-mail attachments from unknown parties or download and open a file from un-trusted websites.
- Keep your credit card, bank account, and login information secure by not including them in e-mails that you send to us. If you must send us this information, give us a call and we will tell you the best way to do it.
- Don’t share your username and password with other staff members. You can create unique logins for each of your staff.
- If you are leaving your computer unattended, log out and be sure to exit your browser window.
We value the need to keep information secure. Please contact us if you have any questions.